Friday, January 20, 2017

7th Grade Tunes Scale Project

Looney Tunes never get old and I guess that's one of the reasons why this one is a repeat project! This year, however, I have heard several anecdotes from the kids about how they are creating more scale projects in their 6th and 7th grade math classes. This makes me VERY happy that students are making the math- art connection in their academic class! It also takes a bit of pressure off me in case I want to modify my art units (which I LOVE doing!).

 I absolutely think math in the art room is VERY important to help bridge the gap for those who struggle. There are so many cool math-art projects to expose the students to that I would love to combine into one unit. Maybe next year I'll have a Hidden Figures Unit that exposes students to a variety of different forms of math through the arts!