Friday, April 15, 2016

Confessions of a Cake Junkie

I LOVE cake. Even more, I LOVE frosting. Give me an end piece or a corner piece of cake any day! What, you don't like frosting? No worries! I'll take it off your cake and add it on to mine- after all, what are friends for? I know, I know... I have a little problem which is why I cut sugar out of my diet. But my obsession for cake and frosting still lingers...
It's no wonder why I am CRAZY about the Piece of Cake project adopted into the Expressions Curriculum last year. After experiencing the cake building and decorating process with last years 8th grade students I was even more prepared this year with frosting tips, decoration ideas and color combinations. The cakes created by this years class look so decadent and REAL! And of course, cake was served to each student before they completed their beautiful cakes.