Saturday, April 9, 2016

New 7th Grade Recycled Projects!

This year I swapped out two recycled projects for a couple of new ones I have had my eye on for a while. There are SO MANY recycled art projects that I feel like this unit could be ever changing which suits me fine since doing the same thing every year just AIN'T my style! I also feel like Recycled Art could be a combined unit between 7th and 8th grade that could culminate into another art exhibit, but that's just a percolating idea- more on that later...

Both of the projects I tried out this year I gleaned from Tracy Hare at Becker Middle. I love her style and what she does with her students! The first project is the Recycled Cubism Portrait and the other project is the Paper Relief Sculpture. Both a fairly quick projects that utilize interesting techniques and have colorful and striking results. Check them out!