Monday, November 14, 2016

7th Grade Soaring Perspective Success!

Right when I think I have it all figured out for the 7th grade Perspective Unit- a post on Twitter changes everything. Miriam Paternoster teacher middle school art in Italy and I follow her avidly. She posted a link from her website onto Twitter about Buildings in One Point Perspective that I instantly became obsessed with. One her post was a video tutorial for how to create the project, and I tried watching and applying the method repeatedly- posting my attempts and failures. Something just wasn't clicking for me! Then, I found a post by Alba Cordoza on Deviant Art that made everything clear to me. Her method was linear and mathematical making the process very easy and logical. I just had to share this process for others to use! Once I practiced her method I created several YouTube tutorials that I felt anyone could learn from and apply to their teaching. Anyway, long story short- my kids LOVED this project and were uber successful. I even created a digital extension for my early finishers. Next year I will refine this project by taking a day to practice watercolor techniques. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!