Friday, September 30, 2016

7th Grade Interactive Paper Children!

Years ago I pinned this image on my Pinterest Anime/Manga Board. I LOVED how playful and interactive these creations looked and kept thinking about how to incorporate something like this into our 7th grade Manga Unit. Finally, after doing some research and creative planning, I developed the Interactive Paper Child Challenge.
For this Challenge I raided my house (mostly my 8 year old son's bedroom) for 30 "found objects" that would serve as props to inspire students imaginations. The students had a day to plan out their interaction and create a rough draft sketch of the interactive Manga Character. On the next day the students drew their final draft on card stock, then colored and sharpied their creation. On the last day the students cut out their character, positioned it with their prop, and took a photo of the interaction. SO MUCH FUN! This project is a keeper! Check out these examples below: