Saturday, September 10, 2016

Donors Choose

Last year I was awarded two Donors Choose Grants amounting to about $2000.00. This year I am hoping for the same thing to happen in 2016. So far I have two projects posted that will run for the next few months. Let me explain them both.

The first project I wrote was over the summer. It was when I was revising both 7th and 8th curriculum. I was noticing there were some skills that needed strengthening which could be bolstered with specific drawing tools. Th project I wrote is linked here and called  Help Fill My Artist Toolbox for Students. It would be awesome to acquire manikins for drawing and the proper paper with quality tooth to work with charcoal pencils.
The second project I wrote was during my prep period two weeks ago. It was when Chevron announce that projects posted That Day were considered for immediate funding. It was also when I realized how EXPENSIVE packing tape was and how much we will need for our Street Art Unit in May. I decided to write an entire project based on tape to include the Painters Tape for 7th grade Tape Murals and the Packing Tape needed for the 8th grade Sculpture Installations. This project is called It's a Sticky Job and linked here. Examples of what these projects look like are posted below.

I need help sharing out these two projects! Sharing these projects with friends and family could increase chances of them BOTH getting funded. I blast these out on Twitter and Facebook once a week. It would be GREAT to get these projects funded before they expire so any support with sharing them out would be appreciated! <3 <3 <3